Is there a Masseuse in the House?
Continuing her knowledge and training about the human body Sharee starts her certification in Massage Therapy in January at Lupin Massage Institute in Los Gatos. This training will be an intensive exloration of massage and visionary healing including:
- Traditional Swedish/Esalen massage
- Visceral organ massage
- Developmental movement
- Craniosacral therapy
- Energetic point-work
- Lymphatic drainage therapy
- Myofascial release
- Visionary/shamanic healing
- Expanded perception
Due to the weekend classes our office will not be open on weekends during January.
The proper functioning of the lymphatic system is critical to our body’s ability to detoxify and regenerate tissues, filter out toxins and foreign substances, recover crucial substances that have escaped from the blood, and maintain a healthy immune system. It’s a complex system comprised primarily of vessels and lymph nodes working in cooperation to accomplish these tasks. Lymph vessels rely upon hundreds of tiny muscular units (lymphangions) contracting throughout the body to propel the lymph.
These contractions enable the lymph vessels to transport numerous substances (I.e., proteins, toxins, hormones, fatty acids, immune cells) to the lymph nodes, which can eliminate the waste. The action of these muscular units can be hindered or stopped, due to fatigue, stress, emotional shock, cold temperatures, infections, lack of physical activity, age, chemicals or food additives. LTD involves the use of subtle manual maneuvers (massage) to aid in the recirculation of the lymphatic flow. Enabling activation of fluid circulation and stimulation of functions of the immune system and parasympathetic nervous system.
LDT can prove beneficial in the correction of numerous conditions, as well as a useful tool in preventive health maintenance. A wide range of practitioners recommend LDT. Among them are medical doctors, colon hydro therapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, dentists, physical therapists, massage therapists, bodyworkers and aestheticians. It is shown that when these actions are accomplished, the results may be:
Back to Top
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of many origins
- Regeneration of burned, scarred (pre-and post-surgery) and wrinkled tissue
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Relief of chronic conditions such as sinusitis, acne, eczema and allergies
- Antispastic actions to relieve constipation and muscle hypertonus
- Detoxification of the body along with Colon Therapy
- Improvement of venous conditions
- Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite
- Relief of headaches and chronic pain
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality
Internal Awareness would like to thank all of you who have joined our loving family and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
Peace be with you.