December 1998 News Letter
What is this Colon Hydrotherapy thing?
Flu Vaccine is it friend or foe
Introducing Lymph Drainage Therapist and C.O.R.E. Chiropractic
Y2K The new Millennium
Holiday Special: 12 sessions for the price of 10 WOW!!!
Is there a Masseuse in the house?
What is this Colon Hydrotherapy thing?
It’s both telling and sadly amusing that, after condoms, Preparation H is the second most frequently shop lifted pharmaceutical item in the country. Otherwise upright and honest citizens are driven by shame to steal rather than confess to a stranger that they suffer hemorrhoids. Over 80% of the United States population experiences bowel or rectal disorders, but many are too embarrassed to discuss it properly. Many people are not inclined to discuss the subject of elimination. We are often taught that bowel movements are dirty and, as a result, we learn to ignore or reject the whole process even when we have warning signs that things aren't right. Since our lives are surrounded with stress eating junk on the run and not enough water and exercise we have created poor peristaltic function and little or no absorption of our valuable nutrience. We start accepting one elimination every two to three times a week instead of one to two times per day. We eat at least once or twice per day right! If your not eliminating as much as you are eating than what happens to it?
Back to Top
It becomes layers upon layers of fermenting putrefaction. A perfect home for Bacteria, candida, and parasites. This builds up so thickly that the pathogen infested waste starts to “leak out” of the intestinal wall thus sending toxic waste throughout the body effecting every organ. Generally, intestinal toxemia manifests as one or more of the following: fatigue, nervousness, gastrointestinal upset, impaired nutrition, skin problems, hormonal problems, circulatory problems, headaches, arthritis, sciatica and low back pain, allergies, asthma, eye, ear, nose and throat disease, heart irregularities, appendicitis, diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, diabetes, psoriasis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity and pathological changes in the breasts.
All of the aforementioned conditions have responded to therapy directed at a toxemic state in the intestines. Most adult Americans are carrying around as much as 20 pounds or more of rotting, undigested food in their colons. Autopsies have been performed that reveal as much as 50 pounds in the human colon. Those who really need help with colon problems are often the most reluctant to seek it. Our society today is faced with many problems relating to the digestive system. Most of which can be corrected and or improved with Colon Hydrotherapy.
So what is this Colon Hydrotherapy? Colon n. the major portion of the large intestine of vertebrates between the cecum and the rectum. >Hydro adj. containing water. Therapy-Therapeuticadj. Curative. This procedure is simple yet profound. Colon Hydrotherapy consists of a small amount of water pressure 0.5 psi (pounds per square inch) or less infused through a small tube by a special machine into the full 4 to 6 feet of your colon. The water is kept at a constant 100 degrees and is run through 6 filters and an ultraviolet light for purification. Other than an “odd” feeling, this does not cause pain. When the person feels the pressure building a release valve is turned changing the direction of water flow out of the body, through another tube and directly into the sewer system.
While the body is releasing waste a gentle and relaxing massage is administered to the colon area aiding in the loosening up and releasing of compacted materials and gas. This procedure is repeated throughout the session lasting anywhere from 35 to 45 minutes. This technique strengthens, loosens toxic materials and re-trains the colon to function normally on its own without laxatives and suppositories. Most people, along with unwanted toxins, release unneeded negative emotions. Cleaning the colon helps to heal negative feelings and old emotional traumas, for water is spirit and brings light into the soul, as well as into the dark areas of the colon.
Internal Awareness would like to offer a loving Christmas gift of 12 sessions for the price of 10. Get that holiday over indulging out. And start the new year clean and fresh. Special is good through February 1999.
Back to Top
Flu Shot: Friend or Foe?
Today’s media is flooding us with information and programs to get that flu shot. But is is really safe?
What is in a flu vaccine anyway?
- Formaldehyde: a known cancer causing agent Thimerosal: (a mercury derivative) used as a preservative in the vaccine, can cause brain injury and autoimmune disease. Also this vaccine is propagated on Chicken embryo cells.
The problem with using animal cells is that during serial passage of the virus through the animal cells, animal RNA and DNA can be transferred from one host to another and undetected animal viruses may also slip past quality control testing procedures as in 1955 through 1961 with SV40 which stands for Simian Virus #40 (meaning the 40th virus found) which has oncogenic properties (cancer causing) in 1995 a team of Swiss scientist discovered an enzyme, reverse transcriptase (keep in mind reverse transcriptase copies RNA and DNA and is associated with retroviruses) in MMR vaccines and some influenza vaccines that had been propagated in chicken embryos.
How Safe are Flu Vaccines?
- We have all heard of the Swine Flu vaccine disaster of 1976 that left over 565 cases of Guillain-Barre Syndrome paralysis, as well as other neurological problems and many unexplained deaths among recently vaccinated elderly.
Back to Top
- Although vaccine manufacturers try to say todays vaccines do not carry the same risk of Guillian-Bare Syndrome as with the Swine Flu vaccine, many cases are still occurring after flu vaccines as well as other neurological problems. In the early 80’s Dr. John Seal of the national Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease was heard stating that “We have to go on the basis that any and all flu vaccines are capable of causing Guillain-Barre”. Flu vaccine product inserts do state that individuals who have a history of Guillian-Barre syndrome have a substantially greater likelihood of subsequently developing Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
- In 1970 Rosenberg, G.A. in an article in the New England Journal of Medicine wrote about meningoencephalitis being reported as a result of influenza vaccines. He then goes on to describe a case of a patient in which meningoencephalitis developed 12 days after vaccination with a purified influenza vaccine.
- In an article published in the British Medical Journal in 1971, Wells warns that influenza vaccines may be complicated by a neurological illness. He also presents cases along with a summary of seven other cases.
- Back to Top
- Other reactions that have been associated with past influenza vaccines are fever, Malaise, Myalgia, hives,angiodema, allergic asthma, systemic anaphylaxis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, encephalopathy, optic neuritis, brachial plexus neuropathy, many different types of paralysis, myletitis polyneuritis (including cases of polyradiculitis, polyradiculomyelitis, and polyganglioradiculitis) Ataxia, respiratory infections, gastro-intestinal problems, eye problems, Allergic thrombocytopenia etc.
Internal Awareness would like to introduce a new member of it’s extended family in the healing arts: Dr. T. J. Osborne, C.O.R.E. Chiropracctic.
Back to Top
The proper functioning of the lymphatic system is critical to our body’s ability to detoxify and regenerate tissues, filter out toxins and foreign substances, recover crucial substances that have escaped from the blood, and maintain a healthy immune system. It’s a complex system comprised primarily of vessels and lymph nodes working in cooperation to accomplish these tasks. Lymph vessels rely upon hundreds of tiny muscular units (lymphangions) contracting throughout the body to propel the lymph.
These contractions enable the lymph vessels to transport numerous substances (I.e., proteins, toxins, hormones, fatty acids, immune cells) to the lymph nodes, which can eliminate the waste. The action of these muscular units can be hindered or stopped, due to fatigue, stress, emotional shock, cold temperatures, infections, lack of physical activity, age, chemicals or food additives. LTD involves the use of subtle manual maneuvers (massage) to aid in the recirculation of the lymphatic flow. Enabling activation of fluid circulation and stimulation of functions of the immune system and parasympathetic nervous system.
LDT can prove beneficial in the correction of numerous conditions, as well as a useful tool in preventive health maintenance. A wide range of practitioners recommend LDT. Among them are medical doctors, colon hydro therapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, dentists, physical therapists, massage therapists, bodyworkers and aestheticians. It is shown that when these actions are accomplished, the results may be:
Back to Top
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of many origins
- Regeneration of burned, scarred (pre-and post-surgery) and wrinkled tissue
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Relief of chronic conditions such as sinusitis, acne, eczema and allergies
- Antispastic actions to relieve constipation and muscle hypertonus
- Detoxification of the body along with Colon Therapy
- Improvement of venous conditions
- Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite
- Relief of headaches and chronic pain
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality
Robert is bringing to you a holiday gift with a meaningful touch, for you, your friends and family. Just mention this newsletter and receive a series of 4 one hour sessions for only $220.0 (Regularly priced at $320.00). Offer Good through March 1999
|Discover COR Chiropractic Center:
Dr. T.J. Osborne
1305-C North Bascom Ave. San Jose, CA 95128
Phone: (408)985-1111 24 Hour Pager: (408)951-4839 Email TJODC@aol.com
Dr. Osborne has dedicated his life to educating and informing the public about achieving maximum health and wellness through Chiropractic Care. Dr. Osborne co-owns and directs the COR Chiropractic Center.
Several years in practice and an abundance of experience allows him to care for a diverse range of patients including children, athletes, seniors and a wide range of problematic cases.
Back to Top
His vision is one of great integrity and genuine passion and commitment. “Chiropractic teaches that within your body, you have an innate intelligence with survival mechanisms capable of maintaining a state of good health, provided it is not interfered with”.
The chiropractic approach to well-being has always been based on maintaining health versus treating disease and that being well differs from relieving symptoms. The science of Chiropractic is based on the fact that your nervous system controls and coordinates every other system in your body including the glandular, reproductive, digestive, respiratory, circulatory and immune systems. Doctors of Chiropractic seek to correct the cause of the interference not just medicate the symptoms. Chiropractors correct vertebral subluxations which inhibit the body from allowing total health. A subluxation is a vertebrae in the spine which has lost it’s normal position and is causing interference to the nerve roots and/or spinal cord. The key to understanding chiropractic is to remember that health comes from within. It targets the healing power within your body to create and abundance of vitality and wellness.
For the month of December C.O.R.E. Chiropractic is offering to all new patients a consultation exam and X-ray (if needed), a value of $225.00. All you have to do is bring in 3 cans of food for their food drive and $35 dollars which will be donated to Sisters of Charity, Kentucky Anna Chiropractic Childrens Home, and The Salvation Army.
If you are thinking about Chiropractic for your health needs, and want to learn more about restoring and maintaining your optimal health potential, call Dr. Osborne today. His qualified staff is happy to answer your questions and assist you in making your chiropractic experience both positive and informative.
Back to Top
Y2K The New Millennium
Y2K, the new millennium every where people are talking about it. What to do? What will happen? Our clients come in telling us fears they have about the soon to be outdated computer chips. What kind of an impact will it have on our society as we know it today. Everywhere you turn the topic is up for discussion on your favorite radio or TV stations. Whispers of fears. Our nation is run by computers. Every train, plane, and automobile will be affected. Some companies have what they hope is the answer to this problem but what if they don’t. Programmers are doing all they can to reprogram data and information bases, but it is a multi billion dollar problem with overwhelming amounts of bits and bites of code to find and fix.
Unfortunately this is still part of the unknown. Our government, and the military have not so much as started to solve this problem with their equipment. If the year 2,000 hits and city infrastructures shut down we will be faced with no direction. Even if you think your not affected because you don’t use a computer or have already upgraded your system, this will affect everyone. City street lights, police departments, emergency services, hospitals, communication outlets all may be inoperable. Transportation of goods and services may stop with no gas stations operational they wont be able to go very far. With no control or rules, chaos and confusion will strike, turning some people to violence and vandalism. Could you imagine the Bay Area with no traffic control? Or your streets without lighting. Instead of celebrating the new millennium in joyful, happy ways with parties fireworks and noise makers, your lights go out, the city becomes dark, communication systems stop functioning and their you are. Alone.
Even though there is a potential for disaster we should start planning and thinking in a positive preventative way now. Many people have encouraged others to take the next 12 months and stock up on food and water. Enough to last 3 to 6 months. We agree with this. Only we would like to add a few things. We propose that we not only prepare for the worst, but lets think of this as a great opportunity to make changes in our community.
Not only should we all stock up on food and water, but rather than hoard the food and stand guard over it, stock up enough for you and a neighbor. Maybe not he guy next door, but perhaps someone else you know that may not be able to help himself.
Back to Top
- Build a garden. If there is enough room put an add in the paper and offer to share this garden with a neighbor or an apartment dweller who would like to share in a garden space in your back yard.
- Learn to use and grow sprouts, and begin to eat very low on the food chain
- Stock up on nuts and seeds. Use some for eating and some for planting
- Stock up on flash lights and items to keep you warm during the cold nights
- Create a close neighborhood watch program to protect each other, rather than fear one another
- Take this time to create a community of people that will support and help each other through this time
Back to Top
- Take this opportunity to rebuild and recreate something good, rather than live in fear of the unknown
- Encourage everyone you know, to stop eating meat, we will be able to use that cattle land to grow local Food for the community
- Encourage the owner of a unused lots to let you turn that ground into a usable garden
Perhaps there is more opportunity in this Y2K disaster than we realize. Think of how we can help one another, rather than fear each other.
If the Y2K doesn’t happen and life goes on in the year 2,000 just as we know it, then no harm is done. More good will come out of this if the consciousness of each of us is positive. This could be the change we need to bring us together as a community.
Back to Top
Travel/New Hours/Christmas Special
Continuing her knowledge and training about the human body Sharee starts her certification in Massage Therapy in January at Lupin Massage Institute in Los Gatos. This training will be an intensive exloration of massage and visionary healing including:
- In case you weren't aware we are now open on Saturday and Sundays from 10:00am to 7:00pm.
- Gayle will be traveling to the beautiful Costa Rica January 6th. She returns on the 26th and will be back to work on the 1st of February. Sharee will be covering all hours while she is gone.
Back to Top
- Internal Awareness would like to bring a special gift to you and your loved ones. 12 sessions for the price of 10. This special will be running from now until the end of February.
- Keep your eyes out for our new web site location www.internalawareness.com future newsletters will be posted here to save trees. As soon as were set up send us an email.
Due to the weekend classes our office will not be open on weekends during January.
- Traditional Swedish/Esalen massage
- Visceral organ massage
- Developmental movement
- Craniosacral therapy
- Energetic point-work
- Lymphatic drainage therapy
- Myofascial release
- Visionary/shamanic healing
- Expanded perception
Internal Awareness would like to thank all of you who have joined our loving family and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
Peace be with you.