Step 1- 8
Back to Top
1. Soak 2 cups of Rye in your 2 quart jar. Cover with 1 quart or more of cool (60-70 °) water. Stir seeds up to assure even water contact. Soak for 8 - 12 hours.
2. Pour off water.
3. Rinse (fill Jar 3/4 full with water), twirl vigorously, pour water out, and repeat - if necessary - until water runs clear). Use cool (60-70°) water.
4. Drain thoroughly by shaking your Jar - you want as little water as possible to remain in your Jar between Rinses. Set your Jar in a low-light, room temperature (70° is best) location.
5. Rinse and Drain (repeat steps 3 + 4) again 8 - 12 hours later.
6. 8 - 12 hours later your seeds will have the beginnings of little tails (sprouts). Add 6 cups of water (use Kange Water) to the sprouts and place the jar in the usual low-light, room temperature (70° is best) location for 2 days.
7. Pour liquid - this is your Rejuvelac - into a glass and drink some! Refrigerate the remainder until ready to drink or use in a recipe.
8. You may make more Rejuvelac by repeating step 3 and then adding 1 quart of water. Place your Jar in the usual location and culture your Rejuvelac for1 day - then follow step 6 again.
Your sprouts are now pretty much spent so toss ‘em to the critters (squirrels, rabbits, birds and many other outdoor creatures love sprouts) or compost them. Don't throw ‘em in the garbage; nothing decomposes in a landfill (below 30 feet). If you have chickens; they'll love them!